Recent research clarifies the impact of early childhood education on children’s school success and life chances. The Early Learning Frameworks helps early childhood education to create these long-term outcomes.
This research links to key principles that underpin the Early Years Learning Framework:
- Significance of early learning and the importance of building strong early relationships
- A more active role for adults in children’s learning during play
- A greater focus on concept formation within early learning contexts
- The importance of engaging, responsive and reciprocal learning relationships with children.
- The diverse cultural contexts of learners